2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1999 Dodge Ram Heater Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 09:45 AM
ThePreacher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zman17
The blend door motor is not the problem.(don't waster your money) The vacuum leak is. Fix it and go from there.
The blend door motor isnt the main issue but it is broken. The plastic piece that goes from the motor to the blend door shaft is completely missing! Its not a major issue now but come spring/summer I may want to turn the heat off without reaching under the dash to manually switch the door. I will hopefully be working on the vacuum leak issue today.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:35 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePreacher
The blend door motor isnt the main issue but it is broken. The plastic piece that goes from the motor to the blend door shaft is completely missing! Its not a major issue now but come spring/summer I may want to turn the heat off without reaching under the dash to manually switch the door. I will hopefully be working on the vacuum leak issue today.
You can get an aluminum version of that coupler, without having to buy the whole blend motor. I think they run around 30 bucks though..... (seems rather expensive to me, considering what it is..... but, I suppose, machining costs money, and the volume probably isn't huge....)

Old 11-24-2010, 05:47 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePreacher
Ok, no problem, I don't think you mentioned that earlier.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:06 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Old 12-31-2010, 08:00 PM
ThePreacher

yah I will be using the heater treater solution. Havent looked for the vacuum leak. No garage and its a little chili outside. The heat is working good enough to get by. Thanks so much for all the help!

Old 12-31-2010, 08:52 PM
chromed95
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds to me like you just need to replace the heater core. Mine wasn't throwing much heat a few years ago at operating temperature, everything i looked at said it should of been throwing lots of heat. I flushed it a lot and it got a little bit better but I gave in and just put in a new core. Having heat in very cold temps is nice. I put one of those temp gun things up to the vent when the fans were on high and engine temp was where it should be before I replaced the heater core and did the same thing after I replaced the core. Needless to say I gained a lot, something like 50 degrees (can't remember exactly)

Old 01-01-2011, 12:55 PM
ThePreacher

Changing the heater core is in the plan as well if I decide I am brave enough to tackle the dash on my own. That will be another spring time venture. Maybe one day I will have a garage...

Quick Reply: 1999 Dodge Ram Heater Issues