2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

shock sensor and no start?

Old 01-06-2011, 07:27 PM
slash23
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shock sensor and no start?

ive posted a similiar question but i think ive narrowed it down. My 94 5.2 ram cranks intermittenly. I found a switch under the dash that had a bad connection. If i shut the truck off and take the key out with the wires disconnected then it wont crank. It does nothing. If i turn the key to acc. then touch the wires on the switch together and let them come apart it will crank and crank without retouching the wires unless i disconnect the battery. The wires have 5v to them. I dont know what that means. i havent traced them to see where they go because they get lost in the mess under the dash.

I also have a pro 9094c shock sensor by audiovox installed in the truck. I originally thought that was my problem so i removed it and tried to bypass it by touching the positive wire from the sensor to the green(or alarm) wire from the sensor. Will this work? Ive emailed audiovox with no response. the positive wire at the sensor has 8.4 volts if that means anything.

the shock sensor is supposed to be hooked up to the hood pin wire according to the installation guide. Im thinking maybe it was hooked up to the pump anyways. any ideas

Old 01-09-2011, 11:02 PM
slash23
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any help guys? anyone have any experience with audiovox products? What other things could be on the circut as the switch since it has 5v? if i can figure that out i think i can trace the wires easier.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:24 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

Crank sensor.
Cam sensor.

Possibly coolant temp sensor.
IAT sensor.

Either of the first two being disable will give you a no start, but, not a no crank.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: shock sensor and no start?