2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

VWandDodge tragedy!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 06:02 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Unhappy VWandDodge tragedy!

In light of this horrific tragedy.( https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...leonhardt.html ) I've teamed up with drewactual, to encourage you all to donate 5 bucks or whatever you can afford, for at least sending some flowers. Drew as already sent $100 of flower's on DF's behalf and I'm matching that and sending my own personal array(I know Gary pretty well) I'd like to ask the member's of DF that read this thread. To please find it in there hearts to do what you can. I'd like to keep it running for as long as we can, because as I'm sure some of you know, money in these times can help more than just flower's. The info for paypal payments is paypal@drews-web.com

And checks or money's order's can be sent by PM'ing me or drew for more info. Help us out guy's and gal's. I don't think anything can be worse than losing one of your kid's.

Last edited by zman17; 10-14-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:28 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No man should have to endure losing a child.. it's just not the way it's 'sposed to work.. I really don't think there is anything that can be said that ventures anywhere in the vicinity of what he and his family must be going through.. It's times like this when family and friends pull through, and fill up the void with whatever they can, which is support..

Flowers were sent from PJ's Florist of Del City OK.. the number is (405) 672-1641, Katy is the lady I spoke with, and Pam (the owner) will be around tomorrow for those of you inclined to send your own.. the flowers I sent was in the name of the forum, and a big 'ol array.. Zman backed my play by doubling the monetary value of the 'dodge forum family' arrangement..

according to the ladies at the flower shop, the services are to be held Saturday morning, the 15th of October.. This conflicts with what the article about the accident says.. It says Friday, the 14th.. If you guys want to send your own, and can respond quick enough- I'm sure the family would appreciate it.

The only thing that carries a person through this kind of tragedy is the support of friends and family.. Monetary donations will be sent to him as well, as you guys can figure that taking whatever edge of that kind of worry at a time like this is always welcome..

We get one spin on this rock- and if you haven't figured it out, I'll let you in on a secret: It's about what you give, not what you get, or how many toys you collect.. It all comes back around, too..

Last edited by drewactual; 10-13-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:31 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow, I don't know which mod made this a sticky, but I'm literally in tears right now. Thank You so much.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Jimythefan
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Donation sent.

Deepest condolences from Terrie and I.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:49 PM
drewactual
Champion

Originally Posted by Jimythefan
Donation sent.

Deepest condolences from Terrie and I.
donation received.. thank you, sir... you're a gentleman and a scholar..

Old 10-13-2011, 08:21 PM
drewactual
Champion

JD in CT: got it... thank you.

It's a really cool thing seeing this come together, guys.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:30 PM
drewactual
Champion

tomorrow, I'll be heading out of town.. I'll check periodically so long as I have cell coverage, and I'll try to acknowledge everyone who contributes as you do so.. If, by chance I miss someone, or seem slow in doing so- please have patience.. I'll make certain and catch up on Sunday..

Old 10-13-2011, 08:31 PM
John D in CT
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys -

So sorry to hear this terrible news. Life is all too fragile and short; times like this make me try even harder not to take a single day for granted, and to make each one count for something.

Gary, my condolences to you and your family for your great loss.

With deepest sympathy,

John D

Old 10-13-2011, 08:43 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Life is all too often impacted by tragedy, making the joyful moments even more cherished. We all expect to loose parents in their later years, but no one can imagine the pain of losing a child that has not endured it. My parents never revocered from the loss of my brother - 31 years ago.

To VWandDodge, our hearts and prayers are with you in your time of sorrow.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:47 PM
drewactual
Champion

gdstock, your donation is much appreciated..

this is starting to really roll fellas, (and the one or two wayward ladies here).. what you guys are doing will go a long way- maybe not too terribly far $ wise, and not a drop in the bucket toward the emptiness they must feel, but a long damn ways in proving that the human spirit is alive and well..

Quick Reply: VWandDodge tragedy!