drivetrain.com is the only place i've seen the tcase saver. if anyone can find it anywhere else let me know. its damned expensive at drivetrain.
here's some tips -
1. the hex key is 10mm, don't use 3/8 inch it will strip out the center of the SOFT aluminum plug.
2. remove the FILL plug before removing the DRAIN plug. can you guess why. re-read #1.
3. it takes about a quart of ATF+4 to refill a 1500/231, maybe 1-1/4.
4. apply some liquid teflon or rtv to the drain and fill plug threads and just snug them when reinstall. don't torque them to 40 pounds. see #1.
5. the tapered squirt cap from a bottle of gear oil works good for squirting the oil in the fill hole of the t-case (and the diff). i always save them from the gear oil bottles.
Last edited by dhvaughan; 01-17-2011 at 10:20 PM.