2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Door Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 11:47 AM
RobsRedRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For some reason i cant post the picture but its in one of my albums

Last edited by RobsRedRam; 01-30-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:58 PM
Truedge
Professional

well From the picture from your album I can only see the top part of the door just under the beltline. It is indeed out from the fender, but I cant tell how the rest of the door is sitting. Was this truck repaired in the past? Does the very top of the door seal good and not allow air past the door gasket?

BTW your truck looks nice!

Old 02-01-2011, 11:36 PM
RobsRedRam

Sorry I haven't replied in a long time I've been very busy. The door is not original and it does not seel very well along the top of the door either. It lets air and sometimes water through the gasket along the top.Once I reach about 60mph on the highway the door starts to shake probably because of the wind. Also no other repairs have been made the the body besides the replacement of this door.

Last edited by RobsRedRam; 02-01-2011 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:43 PM
RobsRedRam

BTW your truck looks nice![/quote]

Thanks!

Old 02-02-2011, 12:06 AM
Truedge
Professional

Ok. You might be able to make this better by adjusting the door a bit. With the door opened and propped up with either a jack or a stand or similar device. Loosen all four bolts that hold the door to the hinges(two on either hinge). If your door is only out on the top, loosen the two bolts on the top hinge and only break free the bottom hinge bolts. With the door loose, push the top front of the door,(just below the mirror) inwards. It will hopefully move inwards. If it does, tighten the bolts. You may have to hold the door to keep it from falling back into its old adjustment. If it does not move you may have to tap on the hinge slightly to get it to break free.

If you cannot get it adjusted, or you cannot get the door to move from its hinges, you will have to bring it to either a body shop or the dealership and see if they can get it to adjust. Most doors adjust just fine, but I haven't tried to adjust my door on my truck so I'm not sure if it will.

Good luck and I hope it works

Quick Reply: Door Adjustment