2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need help, 96 Dodge ram 1500 stalls when I stop...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Aerogauge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kwdog75
Mine did that too, installed a new battery, problem solved!
Hmm guess it couldnt hurt, it has not died again yet since I cleaned the battery connections yesterday, if it dies again I will install a new battery and spark plugs.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Kwdog75
Professional

I was sceptical too about the battery "fix" when i was told about it but since i replaced it, i have yet to have that problem.

Get your battery tested, most auto part stores do it for free and go from there.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Ramzy
Veteran

Our trucks hate dead/weak batteries. They can cause all sorts of issues.

Old 12-30-2022, 12:21 PM
Sephatious
Default Contractor

I have a few ideas,1 issues could be a fuel filter issue! 2, the sensors attached to the carb area could be dirty, I often use carb and throttle body cleaner and it seems to help temporarily. Another issue may be plugs and wires or the distributor or rotary button being faulty. Frankly without a obd sensor, it may be hard to say for sure. But if it's been awhile since it's had a standard tune up, then u may wanna try that 1st. Hope it helped give u ideas as to what to replace or try. I will be doing that myself and if I solve the issue by pin pointing it down to a single part, I will be sure to let u know!

Old 12-30-2022, 01:11 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Originally Posted by Sephatious
I have a few ideas,1 issues could be a fuel filter issue! 2, the sensors attached to the carb area could be dirty, I often use carb and throttle body cleaner and it seems to help temporarily. Another issue may be plugs and wires or the distributor or rotary button being faulty. Frankly without a obd sensor, it may be hard to say for sure. But if it's been awhile since it's had a standard tune up, then u may wanna try that 1st. Hope it helped give u ideas as to what to replace or try. I will be doing that myself and if I solve the issue by pin pointing it down to a single part, I will be sure to let u know!
You didn't happen to notice this thread is 11 years old? I would like to think he has it fixed by now..... along with the numerous other (more recent....) threads of this nature.....

Old 12-31-2022, 01:00 AM
Beartracker981500
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

check all of your vacuum hoses coming off the intake manifold and there should be one on the front of the throttle body to
also the throttle plate may not look to dirty but it doesn't take much

Old 12-31-2022, 09:49 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

You didn't happen to notice this thread is 11 years old?
He is a newbie, Looking at the post dates don't register in their minds be cause every post is "new" to them.

Quick Reply: Need help, 96 Dodge ram 1500 stalls when I stop...