2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A few questions for ya

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Jason Van Order
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few questions for ya

Ive got a 97 1/2 ton with the 5.9. The water pump went out so gotta replace that. My questions are the pump that is on there has a bolt on pulley and the parts store tells me the only one avalible has a press on pulley will there be any issues going from one to the other? Also what threads are on the fan clutch i know most are reverse thread but i think i heard that these have normal threads is it true? Thanks for your help

Old 08-24-2011, 09:19 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

IIRC, they are regular right hand thread. You might want to consider doing the timing chain also. At the very least the TC cover gasket, as it usually gets damaged and leaks after a water pump replacement. As far as the pulley goes, I suppose you could take the old pump off and match it up to the new one..

BTW, Rock Auto list both styles of pumps. I'd say go to a different parts store.

Last edited by zman17; 08-24-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Quick Reply: A few questions for ya