2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Computer reflash?

Old 08-07-2011, 07:24 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Computer reflash?

Anyone had their computer reflashed at the dealer? What is the average going rate? Our local dealer is always a rip off, so I wanted to see what the going rate is before I call them, so I can try to negotiate with them. They usually will work with you on the price, but they start off extremely high.

The reason I need this is, I have had a Hypertech programmer on here for years. It's always been on the premium setting, but just these last few months I've started running regular gas to save some money and it pings slightly with hard acceleration. I decided to reprogram the truck back to stock. Upon doing this, I followed the instructions to a T just like I had when I programmed it the first time. Anyway, about 75% of the way through it gave me an error that read Error 70, and then told me to call Hypertech. If you try to program it again, it says it's been interrupted and lets you tell it to continue and it goes to 100% but then gives you the error again. Hypertech is closed today, but after doing a Google search, I'm sure that I'm going to have to have the computer flashed back to stock at the dealer. The only thing I will really miss is the adjustments for tire size as I liked my speedo being correct, but other than that the Hypertech didn't do anything for performance really. So that doesn't bother me so much, I just am wondering how much I'm going to be out of pocket for this. Times are tight as they are, so I'm not looking forward to this.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:26 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

if it just needs a reflash, at most would be an hours labor..... whatever that is in your area.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Computer reflash?