2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Throttle cable adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 03:30 AM
CharlieEscobar
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle cable adjustment?

Maybe im just not looking at this right, but is there an adjustment to the throttle cable? Cant find one right off.

I was looking at a shift cable adjustment when I noticed that when I pull the throttle cable the foot pedal jumps up a little too much. Id like to adjust this and get it right before I mess around with the shift cable.

Thanks Guys.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:39 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Not that I am aware of.... Might look down at the pedal end, and see if there is anything there. Cables do stretch over time........

Old 08-20-2011, 10:01 AM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The only thing I've heard of is using a small piece of rubber and a zip tie behind the pedal to eat up a bit of slack. It'll change the resting height of your pedal, though. If you push the pedal all the way to the flyer floor and the throttle plates go vertical, all is well.

The best way to check is with a scanner and a watch the TPS output at key on, engine off. If it gets to full throttle percentage, no need to adjust.

Quick Reply: Throttle cable adjustment?