2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power Mirror Fuse Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 03:52 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Power Mirror Fuse Question

Does anyone know what the power mirror fuse is grouped with? Is there even a fuse for the mirror's? I've looked through the service manual and the flip book in the glove box and unless I looked right at it, neither tell me which one the mirror's are in.

There isn't anything related to the mirror's on the inside of the PDC lid or the Fuse panel in the truck.

I just noticed today that my power mirror's don't move anymore. I don't think it is accident related, unless they forgot to plug up the wires, I'll check that next.

I'm thinking I adjusted the mirror's since I've had her back.

There is nothing else electrical that's not working, power windows work, power locks work, the heater blower comes on (issues there but that's not related - blend door, possible wild vents), radio works.

I was thinking maybe they put it on the power windows fuse but since they work the fuse has to be good.

And as of last Tuesday my heated mirror function still worked too, haven't had a need to use it since then.

I'm gonna double check and make sure a wire didn't get pinched or that they did plug it back in.

Any suggestion's?

Old 11-27-2011, 04:12 PM
stewie01
Legend

Well I answered my own question this time fellow's. The wires weren't connected. Could have sworn I adjusted the mirror's since I've had her back. Oh well. Problem solved

Old 11-27-2011, 04:12 PM
kfbryant1
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I'm not misstaken, its grouped with the interior lights. And if I remember correctly, it is one of the ones that has the 'keeper thingy' on it in the interior fuse panel

Old 11-27-2011, 04:13 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by kfbryant1
If I'm not misstaken, its grouped with the interior lights. And if I remember correctly, it is one of the ones that has the 'keeper thingy' on it in the interior fuse panel
Thanks for the info. Good to know. Cuz the manual's really didn't help much this time...

Old 11-27-2011, 04:19 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Fuse 12 in the junction block. (side of the dash) Powers a bunch of other stuff as well though, which I think you would notice not working. (radio, overhead console, vanity lights, if you have them, etc.)

If neither mirror is working in any direction, check the ground wire from the power window switch, its a black with light green trace wire. Manual says the ground is "left lower cowl". Whatever that means. (ok. looks like it is under the trim panel on the body side below the dash. IN the passenger compartment. right by the drivers feet.) There is also a splice by the left door grommet. Either one would be a good place for the wire to break, and cause both mirrors to not do squat.

The following users liked this post:
Moosetifer (08-17-2022)
Old 11-27-2011, 04:20 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Ok, now that I have gone thru and found all that..... it was an easy fix. Well, maybe it will help the next person that has that problem. LOL

The following users liked this post:
Moosetifer (08-17-2022)
Old 11-27-2011, 04:25 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Ok, now that I have gone thru and found all that..... it was an easy fix. Well, maybe it will help the next person that has that problem. LOL
I could have sworn I moved them since I got her back form the shop, which is why I asked.

But it was an easy fix, unless they somehow didn't get the clip on all the way and it fell off sometime...

Old 11-27-2011, 04:26 PM
stewie01
Legend

Fuse 12 in the junction block. (side of the dash) Powers a bunch of other stuff as well though, which I think you would notice not working. (radio, overhead console, vanity lights, if you have them, etc.)

If neither mirror is working in any direction, check the ground wire from the power window switch, its a black with light green trace wire. Manual says the ground is "left lower cowl". Whatever that means. (ok. looks like it is under the trim panel on the body side below the dash. IN the passenger compartment. right by the drivers feet.) There is also a splice by the left door grommet. Either one would be a good place for the wire to break, and cause both mirrors to not do squat.
Did you find then in the manual or know it off the top of your head?

Old 11-27-2011, 04:29 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

01 factory service manual. Sometimes its a real trick to extract secrets from the damn manual. I just have a GREAT deal of experience.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:36 PM
stewie01
Legend

01 factory service manual. Sometimes its a real trick to extract secrets from the damn manual. I just have a GREAT deal of experience.
I'd say so. I looked at it too, maybe I looked right over it..

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Power Mirror Fuse Question