2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

left turn signals causes windsheild wipers to come on

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 12:06 AM
jonnyj00
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default left turn signals causes windsheild wipers to come on

I have a 98.5 dodge 2500 24v cummins truck. Everytime I turn my left turn signal on the window wipers run until I shut the signal off. I have tried changing the turn signal switch didnt help I was just wondering if there was anyone else that has had this problem. Thinking it might be a short but not for sure any ideas would be great!

It also does some strange things if you try and turn on the fog lamps the horn kinda honks weakly and it shows the left turn signal is on solid... all i can think is weild. sometimes at night when you dim the head lights the wipers come on also.

Thank you

Old 03-22-2012, 07:07 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you likely have a short between those wires, at the tilt steering joint. remove the column covers and inspect. the lower cover requires a long skinny torx, #25 i think, but maybe smaller? there's a huge wad of wires there, and its also how you get to the multifunction switch, which could be bad, but check the wires first and tape up any that are rubbing.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:08 AM
kaleb999

I have this exact same problem did u ever figure out what it was?

Old 05-11-2012, 11:03 PM
jonnyj00
Default wiper problem

to be honest with ya havent givin it much thought lately its done it since I got the truck 2 years ago so im pretty used to by now. Plus with race season starting not time to work on anything else lol. I would about bet everything I got that its a bad ground/short somewhere cause mine does it worse at night when there is a dew on. Sometimes it goes through a cycle like you turned on the window wash when you change dims or right turn signal.... Its one of those things when my truck burns to the ground I will have wished I spent more time looking....

Old 05-12-2012, 02:37 PM
kaleb999

Yea that's prolly what it is mine does it every time i turn on the signal no matter the conditions

Quick Reply: left turn signals causes windsheild wipers to come on