2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

5.9 Rebuild on the cheap: Now Just Empty Every Pocket build.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 10:05 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 149 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by beeker
Thanks, I really appreciate the offer. I plan on leaving the unit installed permanently.
I found on Ebay for only $236, icludes the 3832 OT-2 wifi, digital LC-2 O2 controller, and wideband O2 sensor, gonna go ahead and buy it.
I finally found the manual for the Logworks software here
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s...ks3_Manual.pdf

Might want to save it and read it when you have time. There's a PC version that comes with the OT-2 wifi, and there's also a mobile version for Apple devices.
That is the manual for the LogWorks and then there is also a manual for a OT2. I would think you need both manuals.
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s...OT2_manual.pdf
So there is the link for that manual.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:01 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm going to post it again....this is not a cheap build.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:22 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

It started out to be one but sure spiraled into something else REAL FAST...........

Need to get one of the mods to change the title for me.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:09 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
It started out to be one but sure spiraled into something else REAL FAST...........

Need to get one of the mods to change the title for me.
What would you like to change it to? How about:

Wildman's fine example of Scope Creep.?

Old 05-25-2015, 02:19 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

Thanks MR. Keaton did it for me already. I'm not real great at coming up with snazzy thread names.

Old 05-27-2015, 02:23 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lets go back to the time where you said that DG Machine (Derick C mentioned they did the short block) must be a bunch of idiots, because there was a flexplate for an externally balanced engine on this internally balanced short block.

I am friends with the cylinder head guy there. He does all my cylinder head work. He sometimes sends me pictures of cylinder heads he works on for 700+ inch big blocks and such. They build engines that make over 8000hp. They have been a trusted name in the area for over 30 years.

A machine shop would not be the one installing the flexplate unless they are installing the engine. DG machine doesn't do install as far as I know. Which means this would be an error on whoever installed the engine.

Just be careful before slandering or placing blame on a business, especially one with such a great reputation.

All that aside, I am happy you are making progress and looking forward to seeing the outcome! Keep up the good work!

Old 05-27-2015, 06:24 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

Wombat I didn't mention the name of the machine shop when I said they must be idiots. I have no idea what all went on other than what I have been told. And from what I have been told the shop that did all the machine work is also the shop that balanced the rotating assembly. If they did the balancing did they balance the engine with or without the flex plate? From what Derick has told me he did not supply the flex plate to the shop. So based on the info I have they installed the flex plate and if so a mistake was made somewhere. The flex plate would be installed on the short block if the rotating assembly was balanced with it. I had to go back and reread the thread because I didn't realize Derick had mentioned the name. I know nothing about this shop one way or another. Sorry if I got your undies in a bunch was not my intention. I'm sure if you were yanking an engine apart with problem you would post close to the same types of comments.

Wombat, I went back and edited my post.

Last edited by Wildman4x4nut; 05-27-2015 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:36 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

I am looking at this waterless cooling system stuff and just wondering if anyone here has ever heard of them or has used the stuff or knows of someone who has.
Evans Cooling

Old 05-28-2015, 12:21 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

I am looking at this waterless cooling system stuff and just wondering if anyone here has ever heard of them or has used the stuff or knows of someone who has.
Evans Cooling
It's still a liquid coolant, just not water based. Sure, it may have some advantages, but, is the cost/benefit ratio really there? What happens if you spring a leak? (they state lower pressure..... but, in a closed system, if you add heat, you are going to get increased pressure. That's just physics.)

Interesting idea, but, water is far easier to come by on the side of the trail..... Unless you want to carry a few gallons of the stuff with you..... (I know, I carry a gallon or two of anti-freeze on the trail, but, not enough to completely fill my cooling system with it.......

Old 05-28-2015, 12:49 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wombat, I went back and edited my post.

I intended to state my point in the most objective way possible. I completely understand the frustration. Just wanting to perhaps shed a different perspective on the situation. Who knows, everyone makes mistakes, and not every employee is necessarily going to be great. I can't comment further.

Again, I am enjoying what I see friend.

Quick Reply: 5.9 Rebuild on the cheap: Now Just Empty Every Pocket build.