2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

5.9 Rebuild on the cheap: Now Just Empty Every Pocket build.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:49 PM
44dakota
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting throttle body, I checked it out on ebay, but, wasn't sure if the 3 sensors will bolt up to it TPS, IAC, and MAP??? Im assuming some fabrication IS required??

Old 02-05-2016, 11:32 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 149 Likes on 114 Posts

I thought because it is only there to flow air anyhow the CFM rating really didn't matter except that you don't want to choke the engine by to small of CFM. I guess we will see once I have it together and running. I know my 52mm TB isn't going to be big enough and for the price I figure it was worth a try.

44Dak, As for sensors I don't know either only time will tell. I will see what works. It is suppose to be here on Monday and then I can answer more questions.

Old 02-06-2016, 11:56 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,164 Likes on 2,918 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
I thought because it is only there to flow air anyhow the CFM rating really didn't matter except that you don't want to choke the engine by to small of CFM. I guess we will see once I have it together and running. I know my 52mm TB isn't going to be big enough and for the price I figure it was worth a try.

44Dak, As for sensors I don't know either only time will tell. I will see what works. It is suppose to be here on Monday and then I can answer more questions.

Real possibility I am just being an alarmist due to being stuck back in my carburetor days.... when OVER carbing and engine was just as bad as under-carbing....

Old 04-13-2016, 02:13 PM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey Wildman! Any updates on the build?

Old 04-14-2016, 01:35 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 44dakota
interesting throttle body, I checked it out on ebay, but, wasn't sure if the 3 sensors will bolt up to it TPS, IAC, and MAP??? Im assuming some fabrication IS required??
The stock sensors will not bolt up to the TB. I have the vehicle models that do fit it. The fab part is going to be getting the throttle pedal and TV cables hooked up to it. If I can't get it to work I'll just end up getting a larger TB.

Originally Posted by 1997JollyGreenGiant
Hey Wildman! Any updates on the build?
Jolly nothing new at this point as I'm waiting to have some funds free up so I can take the engine to the machine shop.

Old 07-29-2016, 03:14 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

Okay folks just so you know I am selling my Air Gap intake and my Comp Cam cam.

Air Gap intake - https://dodgeforum.com/forum/user-cl...ap-intake.html

Comp Cam - https://dodgeforum.com/forum/user-cl...-camshaft.html

I've decided to go with a different intake & no it isn't an M1. You all will just have to wait til I get it and have some awesome pictures to post up. As for the cam I thought this cam would be enough for my engine but after much talking and research I have decided to get a cam from Hi-Po Tek . I might be selling my roller rockers also because he likes standard ratio rockers best with his cams. That has yet to be decided. I shooting for Sept as when I'll be taking the engine to the machine shop. Then depending on how long good weather holds out will decide on how long I can work on the engine before the cold weather makes me have to bag it up til spring.
If anyone out there wants to adopt me and give me a large trust fund I'll be glad to stand in family photos and such. Or if you have a rich sister, aunt, cousin that you want to marry off send me details.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:36 AM
redneck_ram
Champion

You still haven't finished this thing?!

I'm working on a 360 2.0 at this point. Freshening it up, and swapping parts so I can drop it into my Dakota.

I've been waiting for years now to see thing thing running in your Jeep! I don't visit here often anymore. Too busy working my *** off to be on a computer all day.

Hope all is well with ya.

Old 07-29-2016, 09:05 AM
renardk764
Veteran

... If I can't get it to work I'll just end up getting a larger TB.
I'm using this one from F&B. Billet Aluminum and everything bolts up without modification.

Name:  fbThrottlebody_zpskzynksbw.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  6.8 KB

Here it is on the motor
Name:  IMG_20160603_053253_zpsgzfvq45k.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  250.0 KB

Old 07-29-2016, 12:38 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

Redneck,
Things have gone sideways for me on this. First mine isn't a 360 anymore it is now a 408. Next is you just threw parts at your engine. You didn't do a full rebuild on it. And last is I have been going thru a nasty divorce over the past two years and didn't have any extra funds available. My responsibilities come first the Jeep comes second. It'll get done one day, I'm hoping by next spring but who knows.

Renardk764,
Yes I had looked at the 58mm tb from F&B. They do make some awesome stuff and if I wasn't going with something else I might have looked at their products.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:32 PM
renardk764
Veteran

Redneck,
Yes I had looked at the 58mm tb from F&B. They do make some awesome stuff and if I wasn't going with something else I might have looked at their products.
Figured as much. Very interested to see what you end up with!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5.9 Rebuild on the cheap: Now Just Empty Every Pocket build.