2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Removal of control arm bushings

Old 06-28-2012, 06:50 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya know it's crazy, first thing MEN do when they purchase something that requires to be put together is THROW AWAY the instruction's/manual. And yet, everyone here asks if you've looked at the manual....

Old 06-28-2012, 07:35 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did not want to buy another haynes cause i have already bought 2 for this truck. 1 was caught on fire and the other stole by a ex-employee. I really like the detail in the fsm and figured the money would be better spent on printing it out and having it bound. I didnt expect to start this project till this weekend but today turned out to be a real slow day at work. I did look at the FSM and it says the bushings are not replaceable. lol. So can someone look at their haynes and see if it does having something on it or if it says the same. I think i will just remove the control arms and take them a shop and have the old ones pressed out and the new ones pressed in. Shouldnt cost me but about $50.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually that's what the Haynes manual says, If you need new bushings, take the control arms to a shop.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:21 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

Figures, Im already out $150 for tools today and the whole days worth of pay so ill take them to the shop and have them done and save me a couple of hours at least.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:38 AM
drew-dst

I know I'm really late to this, but in case anyone is still searching for resources, we made two detailed guides to removing and installing bushings.

Remove
http://www.aftermarketsuspensionpart...the-right-way/

Install
http://www.aftermarketsuspensionpart...thout-a-press/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Removal of control arm bushings