2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Do I need a Relay Harness??

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Dbrown016
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I need a Relay Harness??

So i bought a HID kit off eBay last week and was out of town. It came in the mail and when i got back i decided to install it. I decided to start with the passenger side first as it is easier and i didnt have to remove the whole light housing. got everything all wired up on the passenger side and decided to try it out and turn them on. They would flash on for about a second and then just flash. I have done some research and have pretty much come up with the conclusion that i need a Relay harness. IS this correct? If someone can back up my solution before i spend more money that would be AWSOME! Thanks in advance!

Old 07-03-2012, 06:00 PM
bent-fender
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes that is right you need a relay. I am having the same issues and have a thread on here. Should help answer your question.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...-01-ram-5.html

Also if you go back a page or two you will find a link to the e-bay that has that harness, and if you go to page 1 or 2 you will see what wires you need to relocate on your kit and how to do that. GL and post some pics.

Last edited by bent-fender; 07-03-2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Added info

Quick Reply: Do I need a Relay Harness??