2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Leaking Transmission. Not Pan!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 10:29 PM
RaissiKitten
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoops.. didnt see you posted it. LMAO. I tried to pull those torx out.. OMG they are on their tight!!! Im almost afraid I will bust them.. I hear you should inspect that spring when your in their anyway.. So, I may bolt it back and go that route..

Old 07-15-2012, 10:46 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just replaced all 3 sensors on friday evening. i removed the side piece like stewie said(gotta love the search feature) one spring came out from the side. the torx bits are in the pretty good, but i just went and bought a t20 torx socket, and they came right out without a problem!

Old 07-15-2012, 10:54 PM
RaissiKitten
Professional

Well, heck with it them. Ill put the six bolts back and take off the side plate. Now, I did get the gear and throttle linkage loose, do I just pry them back on and put the bolt back in? I dont want these suckers loose..

Old 07-16-2012, 09:03 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, any update on how this went?

Old 07-16-2012, 11:38 AM
RaissiKitten
Professional

Not yet, it was to dark last night to mess with anything (My truck is to big to fit in the garage.. lmao) So Here in about an hour I am going to get into it again. I did Bolt the VB back up, here in a few I will take the plate down and let you know. I wont be able to drive it again until this evening.. My husband is bringing home ATF4 for me.. I appreciate the help though, Seems like I always pick the hard ways. Haha. Thanks. Update soon!

Old 07-16-2012, 11:44 AM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by RaissiKitten
Not yet, it was to dark last night to mess with anything (My truck is to big to fit in the garage.. lmao) So Here in about an hour I am going to get into it again. I did Bolt the VB back up, here in a few I will take the plate down and let you know. I wont be able to drive it again until this evening.. My husband is bringing home ATF4 for me.. I appreciate the help though, Seems like I always pick the hard ways. Haha. Thanks. Update soon!
wow another female on the forum, kudos to you!

Old 07-16-2012, 11:45 AM
RaissiKitten
Professional

Haha, Thanks. Been doing Mechanic work for about 5 years now.. Just not transmissions!

Old 07-16-2012, 11:57 AM
redneck_ram
Champion

transmissions arent all that bad. just takes learning to a whole new level!

Old 07-16-2012, 12:59 PM
RaissiKitten
Professional

Im finding that one out! Ok, Here's the update. Not good. The plate isnt going anywhere. I tried to take the torx out, and it stripped, the second started, so I said forget it. Im finding alot of things on way to tight on this sucker.. I was afraid to spray them down inside the transmission like that.. So im gunna have to drop the VB.. The only thing holding the VB right now is that stinkin' Throttle Linkage.. I got the bolt out, and the gear shift linkage loose, but its not going anywhere until the throttle linkage does.. It seems like there is a pin that runs through it into the VB.. Any ideas? I got the spring off of it..

Old 07-16-2012, 01:03 PM
RaissiKitten
Professional

And I just did some research.. That pin is supposed to have a e clip? Yeah, Not mine. Uh oh.

Gunna go double check real quick.. If not Ill take a picture. >.<

Last edited by RaissiKitten; 07-16-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Leaking Transmission. Not Pan!