2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Swap Overhead Computer from 1999 to 2001?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 10:19 AM
Dvoeltz
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap Overhead Computer from 1999 to 2001?

Hi Folks;

Wished I didn't have to ask, but my 1999 2500 diesel quadcab got totaled out on Friday the 13th when a youth was too busy texting to stop for a STOP sign. Luckily we walked away with minor injuries and the RAM did a great job of protecting us in the 50 to 55 MPH TBone crash.

I have found a replacement just like the 1999 except it didn't have the driving computer overhead console. I took the overhead console out of the 1999 and put it in the 2001. The wiring is in place and plugged right in.

However, there is no lights displaying on the readout and I assume since the 2001 didn't come with the driving computer, I will assume I will need to add the sensors that read the speed, fuel consumption, temperature, etc. Maybe it has a seperate fuse that needs to be installed?

Does anyone have an idea where I can find more information about this? I can harvest the needed parts off of the 1999 and install on the 2001 if I only know where to look and find them. Or is everything there and just needs activiated? Any suggestions on how to bring the driving computer back to life is appreciated. I miss not having the instant mileage readout!!!

Banged up Dave in Pierre, SD

Quick Reply: Swap Overhead Computer from 1999 to 2001?