2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rockauto?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 11:43 PM
woods4life
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rockauto?

I have never heard of rockauto untill I got this dodge and heard you guys talking about it. I have been looking for parts on there comparing them to other places I have been looking. I have been looking for the stuff I am going to change when I do the plenum fix within the next few weeks, water pump, timing chain etc. The prices are a whole ton cheaper than most stuff I have found? I am just worried about the whole ''you get what you pay for" thing. Is the stuff they sell on there decent quality? Have any of you guys had any issues with there parts?? Thanks

Old 07-31-2012, 12:02 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i think it depends on what brand of parts you order from them just like your local parts store. some will suck and some will do there job great.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:06 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

no problems at all with rockauto, except be watchful of shipping charges. sometimes they'll split your order up which can create excessive charges, and you have to call them. when you do call them, they usually straighten it out, and either recombine back to one place, or discount the shipping.

like most parts stores, they have two or three quality levels of parts.
cheapo
very good - brand name
very best - brand name

the very good and very best are the same brands you find at napa, advance, oreilly, etc. Dayco, Gates, Motorcraft, Delco, Timken, National, Moog, etc.

its a good place to shop, but also check Amazon. Sometimes they are cheaper, with free shipping to boot.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:01 AM
Challenger383
Rookie

I have used Rockauto in the past and had no problems and look where i live

Old 07-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Sooper
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use Rockauto a lot when buying parts for all of our vehicles. I still shop locally, depending on what I need...but sometimes I can save close to 25% even after shipping using RA.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:39 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is this a Dodge Ram technical question?

Old 07-31-2012, 12:09 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Is this a Dodge Ram technical question?
didnt you hear? everything is a technical question now!

Old 07-31-2012, 12:17 PM
ekaplan
Professional

I just ordered a fuel pump Monday. I didn't know where it was shipping from so I paid $14 for two day shipping. It showed up in one day, which was great, but wouldn't have paid for fast shipping if I knew it was being sent from a border state. I'd suggest calling and finding out where your parts will be shipping from. I'm sure they have several warehouses. It might save you a few bucks!

Old 07-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Sooper
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah by the way usually shipping times are less than estimated.

I know on one of my Corvette forums RA is a member and frequently posts a discount code. Might be worth it for a forum mod to contact RA, get them to sign up if they aren't already a member, and see if there is a forum code for a discount we can use when ordering truck parts.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:17 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

every order i have made at rock auto have usually been here within 48 hours with just the basic shipping which kind of surprised me. i thought it might have taken a week since it would have had to go though customs but apparently not.

Quick Reply: Rockauto?