2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

what did seafoam do to my truck?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 11:23 PM
cutthroatxxx
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what did seafoam do to my truck?

Well my truck had been real sluggish&just alpe going...its always been like that.Theres a huge hill out here&when going up it I floor it&its a dog Wont go past 50&its a long steep hill.Well I ran seafoam throug my brake booster line&now its running like a raped ape!The same hill I can fly up no problem.It runs great has never ran this good.I bought it with 125xxx now has around 132xxx Im guessing I must have some filthy injectors Ove been replacing alot of stuff lately&it seems as if all of the sensors &everything else is stock.
I know the p.o. kept up with regular maintance buy guess nithing started failing till I got it.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:24 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Your plenum is blown...the seafoam may have plugged up the plenum leak temporarily and its not leaking air anymore

Thats my guess on what happened because one can of seafoam wouldnt make a night and day difference like that....but i can guarentee your plenum is blown and its starting to take out your catalytic converter and thats why its sluggish...

Old 08-29-2012, 01:27 AM
cutthroatxxx
All Star
Wink

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
Your plenum is blown...the seafoam may have plugged up the plenum leak temporarily and its not leaking air anymore

Thats my guess on what happened because one can of seafoam wouldnt make a night and day difference like that....but i can guarentee your plenum is blown and its starting to take out your catalytic converter and thats why its sluggish...
You guys have gone plenum crazy!Every post I read when someone has an issue simeone says your plenum is blown!....Not mine Ive already did the fix with the aluminum pan back in march &gutted the cat shortly after that &did new plugs,wires,cap ,rotor,comp test ,air filter etc...so I can guarantee You...your guarntee is a fraud j/k but forreal it sucks

Last edited by cutthroatxxx; 08-29-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:30 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Seafoam, if done right, breaks down much of the oil varnish and larger residue (gummy) crap. Can you speak to how much white smoke billowed????

Old 08-29-2012, 01:38 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by cutthroatxxx
You guys have gone plenum crazy!Every post I read when someone has an issue simeone says your plenum is blown!....Not mine Ive already did the fix with the aluminum pan back in march &gutted the cat shortly after that &did new plugs,wires,cap ,rotor,comp test ,air filter etc...so I can guarantee You...your guarntee is a fraud j/k but forreal it sucks

I cant see infos or sigs cuz im on my phone so if its posted sorry...

And its not fraud because you said its been changed so it was blown i was just late making my statement

Old 08-29-2012, 01:40 AM
cutthroatxxx
All Star

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
Seafoam, if done right, breaks down much of the oil varnish and larger residue (gummy) crap. Can you speak to how much white smoke billowed????
It wasnt a crazy amount but it was quite a bit...more than it did on my buddys truck

Old 08-29-2012, 01:42 AM
cutthroatxxx
All Star

I cant see infos or sigs cuz im on my phone so if its posted sorry...

And its not fraud because you said its been changed so it was blown i was just late making my statement
Ha Thats a good one

Old 08-29-2012, 01:49 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

Just so you know i aint tryin to be a smarta$$ or trying to pi$$ anyone off....i should have known the facts first

Old 08-29-2012, 02:14 AM
cutthroatxxx
All Star

Just so you know i aint tryin to be a smarta$$ or trying to pi$$ anyone off....i should have known the facts first

No harm no foul bro ,I wasnt offended.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:26 AM
JoshSlash87
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well if you only ran a whole can just through your brake booster line, it didn't even reach inside your injectors to clean them! (just the outsides of the tips and thats a stretch!). If anything it cleaned the crap off your plugs,intake ports & carbon out of combustion chamber that was possibly causing it to ping and be a pooch. My plenum gasket was blown, 3 of my plugs were completely fouled (looked like they had the rusticles from the Titanic's bow growing out of them!) and I could still rape my tires & hills, though everything was much smoother after replacing that with zero chugging. I also did a full tune up with new cap,rotor,plugs & wires all at the same time I fixed my plenum so I don't know what had the biggest impact on performance all I know is that my truck loves to eat tires with any amount of sudden throttle past 1/8th and doesn't need a brake stand to make by-standers full of smoke.

As for Seafoam I always do what the can says which is: 1/3rd of the can is supposed to go into the fuel tank, 1/3rd into Engine oil and the other 1/3rd into a vacuum source (brake booster works,any vacuum line).

Last edited by JoshSlash87; 08-29-2012 at 06:33 AM.

Quick Reply: what did seafoam do to my truck?