2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1995 ram 1500 code 32 and 37

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 04:44 PM
charmed
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the alt shimmed up just fine and the chicka-chicka ... chicka-chicka squeak is still there. I have in the past replaced both the tensioner pulley and idler pulley. The belt is new. I took the belt off and spun all of the rotating parts and no noise. I started the engine with the belt off and no noise. Running with belt on I put the end of a stethascope on all rotating parts and no squeak is heard thru the scope. Could it be the belt spring tensioner, it was not replaced with the tensioner pulley. ? There also appears to be no slack in the water pump bearing and no signs of coolant leaking. ( no crusties ) the truck has a/c but the noise is there with or without it on. Also it does not mater if engine is hot or cold. I'm not giving up but I'm stumped. Any ideas. Thank ya'll , you've been a great help!

Old 05-13-2013, 05:55 PM
charmed
Amateur

Alright then. I replaced the spring tensioner and with a new pulley. Damn noise is still there ! Me and the new belt have gotten to be good friends, I've had it on and off so many times. Wait, when did this noise start ? I put the old belt back on ( it is in good shape I just replaced it because I was doing all the other stuff ), THE NOISE is GONE ! The new belt was making the noise. @##@**&*$### ! At least now the wife will drive the truck because " it doesn't sound like an old junker ". What's next ?

Old 05-14-2013, 05:35 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Without having to read back, what brand was the new belt?

Old 05-14-2013, 05:52 PM
charmed
Amateur

You're right , I should have posted that info. It is a NAPA MICRO-V AT. BTW ( ya'll will get a kick out of this ) When I was cleaning up and throwing my old parts away from this project I picked up a part of the old dash that I replaced and it had a rattle in it. When I broke it apart to fit in a box a small one oz silver ingot fell out ! .999FS !

Old 05-14-2013, 05:54 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow cool. Next time use a Gates or Dayco belt.

Quick Reply: 1995 ram 1500 code 32 and 37