2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Question about lift

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 11:15 AM
tianniccari
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about lift

Hey guys, I've posted a similar question in the past but couldn't really get a straight answer. I'm supposed to be getting my truck back from the transmission shop today and getting an itch to modify a little! I have a 5" rough country suspension lift & 3" PA body lift on 35's. I would like to go another 2" suspension wise without upgrading to a new kit. Could I add a 2" coil spacer and new shocks and be alright in the front (as in not needing a new pitman arm/track bar/sway bar etc.) and shackles or an AAL in the back? Obviously it's recommended to just put a 7" lift on it instead of that but they get way too costly for now. How much more work would need to be done aside from the spacers/AAL/new shocks?

Thanks!

Old 01-23-2017, 12:43 PM
BrandonBuc'em
Veteran

just pay attention to the angles of everything after you do it. once you go that tall, the truck will pretty much tell you what is gonna cause issues and address what you see accordingly. your sway bar end links for sure will need to be changed. your control arms are gonna be all but pointing straight down at the ground. shes gonna ride like hell.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:10 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Most of the lift manufacturers specifically state NOT to use spacers with their kits. It can change geometry enough to make the truck dangerous to drive. Only way to know for sure if spacers would work with your truck, would be to call the manufacturer, and have a chat. Expect them to want to sell you a different lift though......

Old 01-24-2017, 06:54 AM
tianniccari
Rookie

Yup, I tried that afterwards. I contacted RC and they said the same thing. Looks like 5" is the biggest I can go unfortunately

Old 01-27-2017, 12:48 AM
BrandonBuc'em
Veteran

5 is not the tallest lift for 2nd gen dodge trucks. you need to look at dodgeoffroad.com they have a 16 inch lift.....but its like 10k lol im just saying, bigger lifts are out there.