2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New to V10 Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 09:55 PM
2001dodgeramv10
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wanted to let everyone that the truck is fixed. After replacing coil packs, IAC, TBS, cleaning every possible ground connection turns out it was the O2 sensors. Runs good now put on couple hundred miles and no problems. Thanks everyone for the advise!!

Old 07-12-2013, 10:59 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Yee HAAA!

Gonna have to drive it for a while to get your investment out of it. Enjoy!

Old 07-12-2013, 11:56 PM
99IB4X4
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you remember if you saw any gold or copper like flakes in the coolant when you changed the T-stat? I have a strong feeling the PO knew this, and put a kwik seal type product in it to sell. I used to have a Land Rover, and those went through head gaskets like these go through front suspension parts. Every day it seemed like someone joined that forum with a story just like yours. They sell this head gasket quick fix at all auto parts stores. It's basically a silica glass with metal flakes in it that finds air leaks and plugs them. They are meant for a very temporary fix before you can get the actual gaskets replaced. They are also known to plug up other parts of the cooling system, especially the heater core. I always check coolant for this now when buying a vehicle. Anyone knowledgeable and shady enough can throw a bottle of this in their coolant system to quickly plug it, do an oil change and clean the milky sludge off the bottom of the oil cap, and sell a vehicle like nothing is wrong. Glad you got it fixed. Sounds like it's a decent deal even with the repair costs.