2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fan in the Dash? Grinding Noise--

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Motor_Head_Jr.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Fan in the Dash? Grinding Noise--

Hi all I was wondering if some of these trucks have a fan or something in the dash. I have an 01 1500 Sport that just started making a noise in the dash, it sounds like a small electric fan rubbing on a housing or with dirt in a bearing. It isn't super loud and it comes and goes. It starts when the key is turned on even before the truck is started, it is there when the ac fan is turned off. Just not sure where to head from here..... Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Old 05-03-2013, 06:41 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The only fan in the cab is the blower motor for the heat/AC. It's on the passenger side underneath the dash.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Motor_Head_Jr.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah it must not be a fan that's just what it sounds like, it still makes the noise whith the heat/AC fan selector to off so i don't think it's the blower motor

Quick Reply: Fan in the Dash? Grinding Noise--