2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Unexplained stalls

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Boss Man
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unexplained stalls

I got a 99 Dodge ram sport 2 wheel drive with 86,000 miles with a v8. This crap has happen before and not sure what might cause it. I went to the woods Friday afternoon to ride around and had been there for about a hour. All of a sudden like you turned the switch off the truck shut off. It would crank for about a hour, I had already got someone rolling to come get me when it cranked. It went a couple hundred yards and shut off again. Well it cranked after a minute or two and I made it to the gate to the club and while I was atthe gate it shut off and cranked right back up. Went about a 1/4 a mile and shut off again. This continued to do this every 1/4 mile usually cranking back up before it would stop rolling. Yesterday I drove it to the Discount Auto and had them put it on the computer to see if it might give me a place to start. NO CODES.Has anyone run into this Or have a place to start.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:03 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would start by checking the fuel pump, should be 49 psi, can you hear the pump running at all? Next possible ckps sensor.

Quick Reply: Unexplained stalls