2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rolled my truck

Old 05-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Thornloe Pride
Thank you for the "great advice", however I am asking a technical question and there is no need for you to be rude. I have never rolled a vehicle before. I have no idea what needs to be checked.

My mistake.

What color is the truck?

FWIW - I've rolled several vehicles. I roll my Mazda down the driveway each morning while waiting for it to warm up before I head to work.

Hope that helps.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:43 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
My mistake.

What color is the truck?

FWIW - I've rolled several vehicles. I roll my Mazda down the driveway each morning while waiting for it to warm up before I head to work.

Hope that helps.
BAHAHAHA! Good to have you back vdub.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:50 PM
Thornloe Pride
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
My mistake.

What color is the truck?.
My truck is brown and silver (sig pic)

Old 05-26-2013, 11:36 PM
cmikolajczyk
Professional

Originally Posted by Thornloe Pride
Coolant level was a little low. I topped it up and hasn't seemed to go down at all since. I had a little bit of white smoke when I first fired it up after it was tipped. Was gone within 5 seconds.

Also, I have a noise in my steering. No play though. Going to look at it more tomorrow. Got someone to wiggle the steering wheel while I checked the front end and its at the end of the shaft before the steering box.
Sounds to me like you're steering gear. Last time I had that happen to me was when I slide off the gravel into a ditch, and my front right tire hit sideways. It through off my steering, bent a rod, and jacked up the steering gear. It would be good to look at it.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:38 AM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

My first vehicle was a 86 blazer and I rolled it into a 10' deep ditch and it sat there for 3 hrs waiting on a wrecker service. The only mechanical issue was that all the trans fluid leaked out while it was upside down. I put more fluid in it and drove it for 2 more years before selling it. You should be fine from a mechanical stand point as long as you check/change your fluids, and your underwear.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Glad you came out ok! I bet you had to check your undershorts after that one. Gravel can be more dangerous than ice and snow. Also is a testament to the older trucks like ours. New trucks would never survive that. They crumple up like a pop can and then insurance "totals" it. It would be cool if your friend gets a Dodge, but all older trucks are good. Also good testament to body lifts as many say they are unsafe in a collision or rollover. Hmmm, seems yours works fine. What brand is your BL?

Old 05-27-2013, 12:10 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ramman18
Glad you came out ok! I bet you had to check your undershorts after that one. Gravel can be more dangerous than ice and snow. Also is a testament to the older trucks like ours. New trucks would never survive that. They crumple up like a pop can and then insurance "totals" it. It would be cool if your friend gets a Dodge, but all older trucks are good.
This is true, however, newer vehicles are made to crash standards that are to protect the occupants. Now, I understand that there are a lot of vehicles, that because of these seemingly "weaker" vehicles, people get hurt. However, you're more likely to get hurt in an older vehicle than a newer vehicle.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:20 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by Ramman18
Glad you came out ok! I bet you had to check your undershorts after that one. Gravel can be more dangerous than ice and snow. Also is a testament to the older trucks like ours. New trucks would never survive that. They crumple up like a pop can and then insurance "totals" it. It would be cool if your friend gets a Dodge, but all older trucks are good. Also good testament to body lifts as many say they are unsafe in a collision or rollover. Hmmm, seems yours works fine. What brand is your BL?
Cool story. Did you ever take your truck off any sweet jumps?

Old 05-27-2013, 07:25 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
This is true, however, newer vehicles are made to crash standards that are to protect the occupants. Now, I understand that there are a lot of vehicles, that because of these seemingly "weaker" vehicles, people get hurt. However, you're more likely to get hurt in an older vehicle than a newer vehicle.
35mph front end collision to a dead stop with no airbag deployment and My fiance and I weren't even sore the next day. Drove the truck home from the scene. Less than $500 in repairs and it has a better radiator than new and is my daily driver again. No newer truck can do that.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Ham Bone
Champion

A new truck would've just deployed air bags, broke your neck and gotten totaled by the insurance company.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rolled my truck