2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

dodge shaking and stalling out.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:47 PM
bluedodge5.9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dodge shaking and stalling out.

The other day I was driving on the highway andi hit a bump. All of a sudden my dodge started shaking really bad like I was gonna loose a wheel. The engine also stalled out and my brake pedal got really hard. I noticed that the brake booster vacuum line came off some how. So I clamped the line but the same thing still happened. Though the second time my line still on. I have no idea on where to even start to find out what the problem is. If you guys have any ideas on where I can even start it would be very helpfull. Thanks. 1995 dodge ram 1500 5.9 liter. 5.5 inch suspension lift with cold air.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Prolly your "cold air" intake!

It sounds like you had a classic case of the "death wobble" and then it shook your brake booster loose and your engine died at the same time.

I guess it's is possible that you had a really really really bad miss that killed the engine.

What do you mean by second time? Break your posts up so its easier to read please

Old 06-12-2013, 05:36 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump + shaking = bad track bar. +1 to Ham Bone, likely death wobble knocked the likely weak brake booster hose off.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:31 PM
bluedodge5.9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies. Sorry if I havrnt replied back I haven't had much time to do anything since I work 7 days a week.

But when I meant the second time. I meant that the same problem happened with the wobble and the engine dieing. But this time my brake booster didn't come off.

I jacked the front end up and noticed my tierods were pretty bad. So I had to replace those along with new ball joints.

My cold air intake was pretty loose also but the brake booster line doesn't connect to the cold air.

Would there maybe be some kind of vacuum problem in engine?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dodge shaking and stalling out.