2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sct 9550

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 05:26 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Additionally, go here :
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...e-manuals.html

And download the 1996-97 ram service manual. It's free.

And if you're feeling up to it, you should replace your timing set and water pump while you've got the intake manifold off. It's all of 12-15 more bolts and at 100k mi, your timing chain is likely needing replacement.
Something you should also look at, since you're wanting to put a tuner on it is replace your factory thermostat with a 180* unit as the SCT calls for a 180, rather than the Dodge 195* t-stat.

You do all this before a tune and this alone will wake the truck up.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:04 PM
Kristoffer Edwards
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Don't order from hughes. Mr. Hughes is an *******, number 1. Number 2, you can buy the plenum plate and bolts from a guy here on the forum, on ebay. You'll have to look it up as I don't have the link off hand. It's $54.99 and comes with a very nice plate and plenum bolts. Then you just buy a gasket set locally or from Rockauto and buy some intake manifold bolts. You can also get NGK/NTK front O2 sensors from rockauto as well. Just do the front, it's easier.

As for headers, shorties will (should. lol) bolt up to the factory y-pipe, but the factory y sucks donkey. The Jegs Offroad Y-pipe is rather nice, it has a provision for an O2 sensor and if you have emissions, just get a universal cat, cut off a section of the pipe and weld the new cat on. Done.

As for a lift, your truck looks stock to me. Some trucks are taller than others and that's because they weren't worked. I know my rig is shorter than some but mine hauled trailers most its life. That's just an example, but no, yours doesn't look lifted.
Thank you again so much, and okay so ill go to ebay for the plenum and rockauto for everything else..and i had a random code get thrown yesterday..cylinder 6 miss fired cleared code and trucks been fine since so im gonna do the plenum fix and i plan on doing cams and 1.7harland rocker but ill do the shorties and jegs offroad y pipe, previous owner barely drove the truck and never hauled or plowed with it, week after i got it changed oil and transmission gasket and fluid and tranny fluid was still red this guy took excellent care out of it, picked up for 4500$ with 98K on it 6months ago.

anyways i can ramble and go on and on about this truck i love it haha.
But thanks again for all your help and information.

theres a vid of my truck on how it sounds now just took it about 30mins ago

Old 06-28-2013, 07:42 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 149 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Don't order from hughes. Mr. Hughes is an *******, number 1.

Why is he an *******? I've seen you and a few other people from the forum say this. It is the same thing with HiPoTek, why do some of you all hate them both so much? Yes I know the plenum kit is more expensive from Hughes but it also has everything. .................................................. .......

Just curious

Old 06-28-2013, 09:50 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
Why is he an *******? I've seen you and a few other people from the forum say this. It is the same thing with HiPoTek, why do some of you all hate them both so much? Yes I know the plenum kit is more expensive from Hughes but it also has everything. .................................................. .......

Just curious
The why of this situation I don't know, but will say that I have seen this phenomenon several times before.
Personality conflicts, attitudes, etc lead to a bad personal reputation... word of mouth propagates said reputation... yet separately, the product performance and its reputation continues to sell.

I've just fitted an FI Airgap, and I'm happy with it, regardless of how much of an a'hole others deem the company owner to be.
The question becomes do you deprive yourself of a performance item because of someone elses issues with a company owner?

Old 06-28-2013, 10:30 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You have a weird looking tailgate. No offense lol

Old 06-29-2013, 05:10 PM
Kristoffer Edwards

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
Could be the camera lol and none taken, how does it look weird tho? haha

Old 06-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Idk something just seems off about it haha

Old 06-30-2013, 10:05 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut

Just curious
There's a thread in the main discussion section of the forum. He apparently likes to treat people poorly, at least that's the main thing. Start googling, and you'll find that MANY of Dodge owners on other forums have similar problems with the man.
Originally Posted by Ham Bone
The letters on it are above the top body line. That's why.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Kristoffer Edwards

Alright update on this tuner...nothing lol..that link was a dud and cant find anyone selling any /:

Anyways bought a lift kit 2.5" for a hell of a price on ebay by user: neverenoughauto comes with coil spacers for fron lift blocks in rear all necessary hardware plus 4 new Rough Country shocks for $222.95 shipped atleast i think thats a good deal.

Anyone have experiences with leveling lift kits or does everyone do body and suspension??

Old 07-12-2013, 11:13 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

May not even need blocks in the rear. (I am not a fan of stacking blocks....)

Some folks pay that much just for the shocks.....

Quick Reply: Sct 9550