2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel pump question

Old 07-17-2013, 12:03 PM
ekaplan
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump question

Does anyone know if my 2001 1500 has a fuel damper or anything down line from the fuel pump that would control fuel pressure pulsations? I figured it was just the fuel pressure regulator that's on top of the fuel pump but not sure. I installed a Denso fuel pump part # 9533027 about a year ago and the pressure is definitely up but still bouncing around about 10 psi. It's under warranty and Rockauto said they will replace the entire unit, but I didn't want to swap another if I didn't have to.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:26 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Nope nothing . Just the regulator on the fuel pump(which doubles as a fuel filter btw) . Only has one line, I suppose it (the line)could be clogged or pinched for some reason(I doubt that), or some one has put something in your tank and the pick up tube filter is clogged. Either way, I'm thinking you are going to find out when you remove the pump again.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:03 PM
ekaplan
Professional

Ugh, such an annoying process. Maybe I'll find an extra set of hands this time since all I had was a jack and some jack stands last time lol. Thanks for the reply. Or I could cut a hole in my rhino lined bed like one guy on here suggested lol

Old 07-18-2013, 12:38 AM
Nick Bain
Professional

wheird, mine was bouncing a couple psi at around 60 psi before I changed it. Not sure what would cause it to bounce. Maybe some blocackage in a rusted line or fuel rail.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:24 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ekaplan
Ugh, such an annoying process. Maybe I'll find an extra set of hands this time since all I had was a jack and some jack stands last time lol. Thanks for the reply. Or I could cut a hole in my rhino lined bed like one guy on here suggested lol
Don't be cutting any holes in the bed, IIRC, there is a cross member in that area anyway.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:11 PM
Nick Bain
Professional

yeah and cutting your wrists trying to get the connections off, not to mention the stupid pita plastic nut which is enough trouble when the tank is out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel pump question