2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Skyjacker 501 kit install questions

Old 12-05-2014, 02:05 PM
InfO
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some new truck parts!

Name:  20141205_143228_zps1a0330ed.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  75.1 KB

Grabbed the DOR steering brace for the Borgeson gear box and steering shaft. Also replacing the steering pump and a few other parts here and there.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:48 AM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Still have the truck eh Nice! Hope you are doing well out there.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:01 PM
InfO
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Still have the truck eh Nice! Hope you are doing well out there.
Yeah! Things here are golden. I'm just taking a break from working on the truck so I can have lunch (and write this!)

Just finished pulling the gear box. I pulled the steering pump yesterday, had a Dodge dealership pull the pulley off this morning. Pulled the steering shaft this morning as well. Going to install the Ram Sure Fix (or whatever it is called) after lunch. Then it's onto assembly.

Also replaced the idler pulley and the tensioner pulley this morning.

I replaced the cup holder inside and painted it with MOPAR AGATE... only for it not to match. At all. So that is a bit of a pain.

But ya, this should be the last of the steering parts to fix. Also have the DOR steering brace to install. Hoping to get a lot of this all in today before the snow falls.

Last winter I put the truck into the ditch twice. I'd never been in the ditch before, so was a bit of a pain in the *** and a disappointment. I'm hoping that the Borgeson gear box and steering shaft, a new pump, the sure fix, and the steering brace will all work well. Also means I get to toss up the sway bar again.

How are things for you? How's the camp going?

InfO.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Skyjacker 501 kit install questions