2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4" MBRP turndown exhaust?

Old 10-04-2013, 01:22 AM
Ljbarsnick123
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4" MBRP turndown exhaust?

I have a 2001 dodge cummins and I am in the market for a new exhaust. I know that I am going to get a 4" MBRP system. My friends tell me that I need to get the turndown system. I have heard that this will make the exhaust sound louder. I have also heard that it's adds a lot off drone in the cab. I don't know if this true. Everywhere I read there is one person who says it does and one who says it doesn't. Can someone please shed some light on this. I would love to order my exhaust soon. Thanks Lance

Old 10-04-2013, 12:23 PM
chromed95
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't get the turndown in my opinion. You'll thank yourself in the years ahead. Yes it will be louder because the exhaust dumps out under the cab, so there will be a drone. Still get your MBRP exhaust but get one that exits where the stock exhaust does, or dual it off. Probably more money yes but worth it in the long run. It'll still be loud but not right under your feet annoyingly loud. There's the stacks option as well, but I'm not a huge fan of those unless they are on a straight piped peterbilt with a caterpillar under the hood.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:42 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i don't know about drone or sound but a turn down kicks up huge amount of dust on dirt roads.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4" MBRP turndown exhaust?