2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Interior/Exterior Lighting Question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 01:53 AM
JeremyMichael
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior/Exterior Lighting Question.

Okay, I am in the process of changing out all my interior lights with LED lights, I am leaving the 3rd brake light alone, as LED's in it will serve no purpose, but so far I have changed out the license plate bulbs, dome light, courtesy lights, ash tray light, drink holder light, the glove box light, and the under hood light, am I missing any lights that can be changed out lol? I bought the truck used with half of the light's not working, and so far those are the only ones I have found that I can replace out with LED's, I know the lighting behind the dashboard guages can be changed, but again that's a light that would not benefit from LED's lol.

Question though, I have been replacing all of my bulbs out with the Sylvania LEDriving bulbs, and so far they have fit every socket without any give, and they use significantly less wattage compared to the old lights (usually 4.9 watts, compared to the 0.95 watts from the LED light), so that should do no harm in the long run correct?

I have a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:03 AM
beeker
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You are correct, installing lower wattage LEDs will not damage wiring.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Lighting Question.