2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

has anyone used sea foam in there trucks

Old 11-22-2013, 11:27 PM
dieselsuburban95
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone used sea foam in there trucks

I was just wandering if any one has used sea foam in there trucks ive been looking on you tube and seen trucks blow up and some run great I have used it once on a car that was setting for 2 years and almost burned it to the ground

Old 11-23-2013, 12:01 AM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

I used it this spring in my truck. I dumped a little more than half in the tank and the rest in the vacuum line. I noticed a difference in mileage/performace and the truck seemed to run better. However, I'm under the impression I need to fix my plenum so my review may be biased because of it. The seafoam may have worked as a temporary fix.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:11 AM
Zumiez190

Yep i have, Poured a can into the oil and half a can into the vacuum line and half into the gas. Works great

Old 11-23-2013, 01:15 AM
Dieselweasle
Professional

I always used it in my old Ford F-150 before long trips and it helped with mileage, usually the first thing I do to a new to me vehicle, but haven't done it to this Dodge yet, but I did pick up a can tonight to run through in the morning before I fill up for a small trip I'm taking. Some people that see me buying it, say bad things about it, but I haven't had a single issue using it in the past 4-5 years and it's almost always sold out or I get the last can at the stores around here that carry it.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:38 AM
wenzel5.9ram

Just put a can into my tank, before last tune up i ran a little lrss then half through the brake booster vac line and the rest in my tank. Put out a good amount of smoke and has been running great since, i recommend changing plugs wires cap and rotor right after.

Old 11-23-2013, 02:10 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

^+1
½ in the brake booster vacuum hose, and ½ in the tank... after you run it through, do your service items, including changing plugs.

It definitely gave me an improvement on a higher mileage motor... it needed a clean out.
I don't know that I would do it very often, but it does work.
Also, I don't know if I'd put it in the oil... if I did, it wouldn't be in there for long.

Old 11-23-2013, 02:33 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spillage
^+1
½ in the brake booster vacuum hose, and ½ in the tank... after you run it through, do your service items, including changing plugs.

It definitely gave me an improvement on a higher mileage motor... it needed a clean out.
I don't know that I would do it very often, but it does work.
Also, I don't know if I'd put it in the oil... if I did, it wouldn't be in there for long.
You are supposed to change the oil after a certain amount of time(not very long) I have never seafoamed my oil and dont plan do. Also its some pretty great stuff

Old 11-23-2013, 06:57 PM
dieselsuburban95
Rookie

Yea I seen on you tube them putting it in the vacuum line and some of them blew up they boged down real bad and towards the end of the can just blew but I seen some that ran great after all the smoking your supposed to put it in slow right I seen some just dumping it in as fast as possible

Old 11-23-2013, 07:25 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,168 Likes on 2,922 Posts

The idea is to let engine vacuum suck it in slow. Don't stick the line right down into the fluid. Good way to do some serious damage to the engine. Keeping the line just above the liquid surface lets it suck some in, with a bunch of air as well. The engine will bog.... I just had my teen hold the engine at about 1500 RPM, until I actually WANTED to stall it..... Worked great. (and could probably stand to be done again.)

Old 11-23-2013, 07:52 PM
ReadRam
All Star

I switched to Mopar combustion cleaner after learning seafoam is mainly pale oil, isopropyl alcohol and a touch of something else. The mopar stuff comes out in a foam.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: has anyone used sea foam in there trucks