2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

po441 Please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 09:15 AM
NJphil
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wenzel5.9ram
I just looked at mine and i seems fine was there a hole or what?
No hole , just real crusty all around. I tried spraying it with flexseal but could not get all of it .

Old 11-29-2013, 07:37 PM
wenzel5.9ram

Its finally the weekend ill finally have the time to hunt through the system and hopefully get a new charcoal canister

Old 05-26-2016, 10:55 AM
4STFire
Amateur

Had this issue a while ago and it just came back. Last time replaced the evap solenoid and the evap canister. The canister had deteriorated and was spilling charcoal into the lines. The solenoid was stuck open and likely had a chunk of charcoal stuck in there somewhere. Tried to clean solenoid with compressed air, but that didn't help. Blew out all the lines before installing new components. That fixed lasted 3 years.

Recently I had to install new rear leaf springs and had to move the fuel tank to rear the front driver leaf bolt. I'm wondering whether shifting the tank slightly caused some fuel system line to be loose resulting in the P0441 code. I cleared the code and was good for a few weeks and came back today. Now I'll dig into the search for the source. Any ideas besides checking the solenoid and lines?

Quick Reply: po441 Please help