2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

This Forum Rocks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 12:44 AM
tinmann840
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This Forum Rocks!!!

I recently bought a 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 in really good condition and runs like a champ. The only things that it needed at the time were a new power steering pump hose, new plugs and wires, a cup holder and a glove box. I'm still working on the cup holder and glove box. Just recently it started stalling at idle. The rpm's would drop off and it would die. I searched for the answer here and found that the culprit was the IAC valve. I picked one up at the local auto parts store for $40.00...Problem solved.
Then today I started smelling something hot. Like overheating hot. Like water leaking hot on something hot kind of hot. I checked my fluid levels and all was well. I checked the color of my oil to be on the safe side, no cream in my coffee. I stopped at the store and saw a puddle of water underneath the truck and was about to go into panic mode but backed up to see if there was anti freeze in it but it was just really cold water. Condensation from the a/c unit (I'm not use to seeing this cause my ford didn't have a/c). I came here saw the thread about the a/c condensation drain and believe it was water from the a/c probably blowing on something hot that caused the smell in the first place. I'll make a trip to the local auto parts again for some 1/2 tubing and hope this will fix that problem but I like to say what a great resource this forum is and Thanks big.

P.S. Anyone with a grey cup holder and grey glove box for sale hit me up.

Last edited by tinmann840; 12-31-2013 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:56 AM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a grey glove box out of a 1997. Interested? Send me a message.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:50 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Make sure you check the plenum.

Quick Reply: This Forum Rocks!!!