2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Twin turbo Ram(360)

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 09:39 PM
ProjectTwinTurbo
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin turbo Ram(360)

I'm wanting to Twin Turbo my truck. It's a project in the near future. But I don't wanna spend a lot of money so I'm basically wanting to twin turbo my stock motor. And them I'm going to get a donor and might put a cam and lifters in it and port and polish the heads. Just wanted to know your guys opinions and if you guys know anything about the MPI intake manifolds on these Rams if there's any upgrades I can do or drilling. Thanks.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:10 PM
AppelH
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You want to run twin turbos, but you don't want to spend any money to build the 5.9 to handle it? You cant have both, I don't know how long you expect your motor to handle that, as well as the rest of your drivetrain.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:15 PM
ProjectTwinTurbo
Professional

I'm only gna push about 6-8psi in each. But the motor in the Ram now is a stock 360 it's basically my experiment to see what it can handle and I'm going to have another I semi build, just simple things. But when I'm satisfied I'm gna swap.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:17 PM
AppelH
Captain

Why do you want to run twins, it will complicate a already difficult process.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:18 PM
AppelH
Captain

Vs just one I mean. I imagine one will push more than enough boost to destroy the stock 5.9.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:23 PM
ProjectTwinTurbo
Professional

I wanna run twins just because it's different and the name. I honestly don't think it'll hurt the block if I don't run too much(which I plan not too) I've done quite a bit of research about turboing a stock motor. And I think the 360 will Handle it just for a month or 2 until the other motor is finished.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:24 PM
ProjectTwinTurbo
Professional

I'm running a little bit of boost in each turbo so combine they'd equal one.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:35 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Actually, there are certain advantages to running twins, you can run two smaller turbos, and *******ly eliminate turbo lag.

The two-piece intake isn't gonna like it though. Should swap for an M1, or Hughes Air Gap.

Gonna need some way to supervise fueling as well. You could go with a two, or three-bar MAP system, but, you better have a 96 or newer truck to make programming easier. Other alternative would be some variety of standalone system.

I would stick with 7PSI or less on a stock motor, with a buncha miles on it. In fact, I would be tempted to run around 5PSI, just to get things dialed in, and then see about bumping the boost.

Thing is, this isn't going to be 'cheap' by any stretch of the imagination. JUST the electronics and such to enable it to run is going to be nearly a grand. Plus, you are going to need custom exhaust manifolds for the turbos....... and I haven't seen them in the aftermarket at all....... Hope you have some really good fab skills..... and a deep wallet.

Welcome to DF.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:37 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 298 Likes on 282 Posts

Please take plenty of pictures and post/share your results here for us. I would love to see you make it happen.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:40 PM
ProjectTwinTurbo
Professional

Thanks. But I wanna stick with the fuel injection idea. Just can't find any aftermarkets but I'm just gna run 2 t3 turbos and yeah I'm only gna push a little boost. But as if right now I have everything priced right around 700$ With a little customizing.

If u have any info on where I can find aftermarket intake manifolds for the 2000 rams with fuel injection it would be very appreciative.

Quick Reply: Twin turbo Ram(360)