2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

46/47 RE trans help.... 4BT into a 99, 1500

Old 03-03-2014, 07:34 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Yep, cam position sensor is under the distributor cap. Just a hall effect switch, changes state (on/off) once per crankshaft revolution.
AH HA! Thats what I wanted to here! But being its driven by the cam/dist, im sure you mean its triggered twice per crankshaft revolution and once per cam revolution?

Old 03-04-2014, 09:32 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker

OK..... think i got this all figured out....

after hrs of studing schematics and research, this is what i have come up with, the crank sensor is going to need an 8 slot tone to run the rpms/tach, lucky for me, the 4bt has 8 holes in the crank pully, so a simple bracket and that one is solved

as for the cam sensor, is seems its only purpose is to give a signal that the engine is "turning" to power the ASD relay, i may simply fab up another bracket and make 2 notches in the outer part of the crank pully to operate the sensor... there are mixed results conecting the wires from both sensors into one sensor, some say it works all the time, some say it doesnt work at all, and some say it works sometimes... a member on 4bt swaps, hooked the cam sensor up to the crank sensor via a relay triggered by the starter wire, and has zero problems so thats also an option

other than that stuff, an adjustable tps sensor (potentiometer) and adjustable TV cable and the trans can be made to shift when ever you want

Old 03-31-2014, 02:51 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker

just wanted to add to this that the swap is complete and running the 47re in the 1500 with the gas computer and harness-----> https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...rt-1500-a.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 46/47 RE trans help.... 4BT into a 99, 1500