2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Breather Tube sucking air.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 02:47 PM
Bad_Moose
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breather Tube sucking air. Answer Plenum Blown Out Again. :-(

OK I did the Hughes plenum last fall everything has been 100%.

Now in the last week I have started having a noise, thought it was a bad alt or idler pulley.

But come to find out, my breather is sucking air like its connect to a super charger. Inside the manifold looks dry.

Engine is running smooth, idles smooth, and has plenty of power. Just sounds like crap.

Any ideas, cause I'm thinking the gasket pulled out for some reason, and just not showing oil in the intake yet.

Last edited by Bad_Moose; 04-19-2014 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Answer Plenum Blown Out Again. :-(
Old 04-19-2014, 04:57 PM
Bad_Moose
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just answered my own question. The plenum gasket has for some reason blown out again, this is 10x worse than when I finally got around to doing the stock one.

I have been building engines for over 30 years, and took my time doing the Hughes kit.

I haven't even put 2000 miles on it since I did it last fall.

I guess lesson learned DON'T BUY THE GASKET KIT. SPEND THE EXTRA $$ AND GET THE ENTIRE INTAKE KIT.

Quick Reply: Breather Tube sucking air.