2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Band Anchor Found in Trans Pan?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 08:03 AM
wlatour
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I had a few good runs and then last night I started to loose reverse again. Very skippy when backing up. All other forwards driving is perfect no slips? Is it the bands going bad? Oh dear..........

Old 09-28-2014, 08:09 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Band or reverse clutch...... How many miles on that?

Old 09-28-2014, 04:17 PM
wlatour
Amateur

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Band or reverse clutch...... How many miles on that?

Well I just dropped the pan and the Valve Body. Noticed the rear band was worn right down. My adjustment was to the end of the bolt. I also noticed on the adjustment part the spring that goes up in the valve body is broken. I knew I had an issue when I dropped the pan I can smell the burnt fluid. Time to find a Transmission Garage and price a rebuilt.$$$$$$$ Thanks for all the tips......

Old 09-29-2014, 07:42 AM
wlatour
Amateur

Originally Posted by wlatour
Well I just dropped the pan and the Valve Body. Noticed the rear band was worn right down. My adjustment was to the end of the bolt. I also noticed on the adjustment part the spring that goes up in the valve body is broken. I knew I had an issue when I dropped the pan I can smell the burnt fluid. Time to find a Transmission Garage and price a rebuilt.$$$$$$$ Thanks for all the tips......
Forgot to answer Miles Question. I only have 103,000 Miles

Old 10-11-2014, 09:05 AM
wlatour
Amateur

Originally Posted by wlatour
Forgot to answer Miles Question. I only have 103,000 Miles
Well The Dodge is in the Garage Getting a Rebuild on the Transmission. The rear band was bad and the rear servo was broke. I'm having the whole transmission rebuilt. The total Cost is $1500.00 Will update when I get it back and test drive.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:13 AM
wlatour
Amateur
Default Manifold Leak after transmission Replaced

Well I had the Transmission rebuilt. $1500.00 with a 1-yr Warranty. Then the garage calls me and says I have another issue. The truck Manifold gaskets are cracked and now my truck is loud? When the transmission was taken off the engine moved and seperated the manifold gasket alittle which makes its loud. Is this common when this service is done? Thanks Warren

Old 10-22-2014, 06:06 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

No, it isn't. In all reality, there AREN'T any gaskets there from the factory. Unless they are talking about where the y-pipe hits the manifolds? Not sure there are gaskets there either...... may just need to tighten, or replace, the bolts.

Quick Reply: Band Anchor Found in Trans Pan?