2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission acting funny.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Austin25
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission acting funny.

Well the truck is a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4. The transmission was supposedly "built" but he had no paperwork with it, the tranny looks like it was a rebuilt or new one but sometimes it doesn't want to shift out of first gear not all the time just whenever it wants to. I took it to a local transmission shop who I've brought all my vehicles (I've got bad luck with transmissions lol) and he was stumped there were no codes all the sensors were good and he said it seems perfect....but it's not if anyone has any help it would be greatly appreciated thanks y'all!!

Old 09-04-2014, 10:59 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Do the easy stuff first, check the TV cable is working as it should, and is adjusted properly. (no binding, or anything silly like that.) Just out of idle curiosity, are the occasions when it doesn't want to shift, also the times that you are pressing rather hard on the gas pedal?

Old 09-05-2014, 10:15 AM
Austin25
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Do the easy stuff first, check the TV cable is working as it should, and is adjusted properly. (no binding, or anything silly like that.) Just out of idle curiosity, are the occasions when it doesn't want to shift, also the times that you are pressing rather hard on the gas pedal?
No whenever it does it it's stuck like that the fluid level is good and whether I hit it hard or easy it won't do anything but I'll check the tv cable when I get home thanks!

Old 09-05-2014, 11:55 AM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess you know to check the trans. fluid level idling in N, not P.
Mentioned just in case.

Quick Reply: Transmission acting funny.