2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2001 Dodge 1500 fuse location guide

Old 07-23-2014, 11:43 AM
NSGAmatman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Dodge 1500 fuse location guide

I have no brake lights. Turn signals, 4-ways -- all other lights work fine. I have a (somewhat lousy) Haynes manual (1994-2001) diagram that indicates that there is a fuse solely for the brake light circuit for some models, but the fuse number doesn't correlate to reality, probably because the diagram year and my truck are different. The diagrams on both the engine compartment fuse panel and the interior fuse panel don't list BRAKE, and any fuse associated with rear lights is good .... and besides, those lights work as previously mentioned. The operators' manual is worthless in this area and doesn't break out individual fuses.

I've already replaced the brake switch -- no change.

I don't want to chase down wiring if there's a fuse solely for the brake light circuit, as that would be the logical first step to check. Can anyone help me here?

Old 07-23-2014, 01:37 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,166 Likes on 2,920 Posts

The one thing those three systems have in common is.... the multifunction switch.... Pull the steering column covers off, and have a look at the connector for the switch. See if anything is melted/burned/pulled out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 Dodge 1500 fuse location guide