2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stock Body Mounts/Bushings

Old 08-21-2014, 12:18 PM
JVance
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Body Mounts/Bushings

I recently replaced the entire front suspension/steering on my 2wd 1500, but the body still shudders every time I hit a moderate bump. New body mounts seem to be the next reasonable repair to make; however, I've only found poly bushings to replace the stock bushings. Are the stock body mounts available, or are poly the only option I have? Anybody have poly bushings and can comment on how they improved (or not) the vibrations/shock transmitted to the cab from the chassis?
Thanks in advance!

Old 08-21-2014, 05:37 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,164 Likes on 2,918 Posts

LMC truck my have the stock rubber bushings available, or, maybe the dealer. As these trucks are pretty old now, it wouldn't surprise me if neither had them/could get them any more.

Poly bushings are going to be a bit stiffer, with all that implies.

What shocks did you put on?

Old 08-21-2014, 10:17 PM
Ram Driver
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did some searching on the body mount bushing, LMC Truck has them in polyurethane.
LMC says the bushings are flexible enough for a smooth ride, but will last longer than the rubber bushings that harden and crack over time.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:01 AM
JVance
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
What shocks did you put on?
KYB GR-2's (Excel-G's)

Originally Posted by Ram Driver
I did some searching on the body mount bushing, LMC Truck has them in polyurethane.
LMC says the bushings are flexible enough for a smooth ride, but will last longer than the rubber bushings that harden and crack over time.
Thank you for the info!

Old 08-22-2014, 09:57 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,164 Likes on 2,918 Posts

Gotta make sure you torque the lower shock bolts in front to something like 110ft/lbs..... else they rattle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stock Body Mounts/Bushings