2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help indentifying a few hoses

Old 08-25-2014, 09:22 AM
shak
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep...looks like the fog light connector! which takes us back to the age-old question of where the wire harness connector is behind the dash for the fog light switch that is supposed to go next to the OD button on the dash? My '96 1500 has the two factory installed relays and fuse in the under hood drivers side fuse box, the wiring harness is all there to the front...tuck under the radiator, and presumably wired all the way back into the cab. Since fog lights were probably a dealer installed option in 1996...it is logical that somewhere behind the "blank" for the fog light switch next to the OD switch is a perfectly good factory connector...but I'll be darned if I can find it!

Old 08-25-2014, 10:25 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

I seem to recall another member that had gone looking for it, and couldn't find it either. I *think* it turned out to be an additional harness.... but, I just can't remember what his solution was..... (nor do I remember the thread, wasn't overly long ago though.....)

Old 08-26-2014, 07:16 AM
shak
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Hey You...we'll keep looking. I've got the wiring schematic...but what I really need is a look at the actual kit the dealer used... to see the parts, harnesses etc. Oh well...didn't mean to hijack this thread...thanks for replying

Old 09-16-2014, 07:52 PM
redman75
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

finally got back to working on the ram. tranny lines are doing fine and has no leaks. and it looks like i have spots for fog lights in my bumper, but like you said they did not all come from the factory.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help indentifying a few hoses