2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help indentifying a few hoses

Old 08-18-2014, 06:08 PM
redman75
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help indentifying a few hoses

I'm finally wrapping up my rebuild project, but have a few pieces I am not sure about. Just need some help identyfing the last few pieces and were they connect.

First is this hose. It goes into the passenger side firewall.

Second is another hose which goes into the passenger side firewall, but this one goes into the firewall to the right of the hose I mentioned earlier.

Last one.. These are transmission lines, but im not quite sure how to hook it up. I have an aftermarket tranny cooler and I cant find the directions on how all the lines hook up. I think I may be missing a coupling type thing, with a female set-up on one of the lines?

Thanks Guys!

Old 08-18-2014, 08:02 PM
redman75
Amateur

i believe I have figured out the first two hoses in question. I believe they are the heater intake and return line. However, I'm still confused about how the tranny lines connect with the radiator/tranny cooler.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:37 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

I am not seeing the pics......

Old 08-19-2014, 09:47 PM
redman75
Amateur

Thats weird they show up for me.I have attached another image, hopefully this one works. This is the third picture which I believe are the tranny coolant lines. I have tried a few different ways of attaching them, but it seems like I am missing something but i dont know. Also on the transmission the rear tube is the return tube and the front tube is the exit, correct?

Attachment 24978

Last edited by redman75; 08-23-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:57 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redman75
Thats weird they show up for me.I have attached another image, hopefully this one works. This is the third picture which I believe are the tranny coolant lines. I have tried a few different ways of attaching them, but it seems like I am missing something but i dont know. Also on the transmission the rear tube is the return tube and the front tube is the exit, correct?

Attachment 24978

the top 2 thread together, this is the famous "anti-drain back" that most of us here have deleted.

the other one gets a rubber hose connected to it and should run to another metal line that threads into the radiator cooler.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:14 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by redman75

Attachment 24978
Link shows that they are attachments from your email..... unless you want to hand out your email address and password.... (not recommended) the pics won't show for anyone but you. Best bet is to host them someplace like photobucket, or imageshack, and then just use the image tags here. Works good.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:08 PM
redman75
Amateur

Thanks for the advice about the email images, ill be sure not to attach them that way next time.

As far as the tranny lines are concerned.. As you can see in the picture I have two lines coming from the tranny. One of them is threaded female connector and the other is not. The radiator also has two lines. The bottom has a threaded male and the top is just a 2in long bent metal tube. Now the aftermarket tranny cooler two hoses running from it. the first hose has a threaded male connector and the second hose is just a hose with a clamp.

I have looked at the directions from when the cooler was installed, looked online, and in the book, but i cant not find an answer to this anywhere (maybe im just missing something or im oblivious idk!!). I am totally lost. The way all the diagrams show makes sense but the connector pices I have on the hoses dont make sense to fit into eachother. I have a mechanic instal the cooler a few years back and when I disassembled everything I dont remember loosing any parts. I could probably figure a way to make it work but cutting of a threaded connector and just using a regualr clamp, but will these lead to a leak or a hose blowing off?

Old 08-23-2014, 10:11 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

It's really not that high of pressure. If you cut a pipe, lightly flare the end of it, so when you tighten the clamp, it has something to hold onto/against.

You want the fluid to go thru the aux cooler first, then the radiator cooler. (more stable temps this way, as well as making sure the fluid gets to an acceptable temp, too cold is almost as bad as too hot....) Get rid of that check valve also.

Old 08-23-2014, 01:56 PM
redman75
Amateur

I did as you said with the tranny lines. I will let you know how it works out when I start up the truck later. While under the truck I found this plug. It is drivers side front and is hung along the crossmember and I'm not sure what it is. Any ideas?

Last edited by redman75; 03-21-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:22 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Maybe fog lites. Even if your truck didn't come with them from the factory, a lot of the harness for them is there. How many wires, and what colors?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help indentifying a few hoses