2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Where to mount rear tale pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 02:55 PM
rgviewer
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Where to mount rear tale pipe?

I am having a problem finding where I mount my new rear tale exhaust pipe to. On the rear of the pipe I have the two mounting "rods". The only hanger I find is this one in second pic. Can anyone tell me how the two mount together or show me a pic of your setup. Im wondering if someone cut off the old mounting tab.

In the front of rear exhaust tale pipe I have the brackets on the truck with the rubber hanger.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Where to mount rear tale pipe?-img_20140822_134213.jpg   Where to mount rear tale pipe?-img_20140822_134352.jpg  
Old 08-22-2014, 05:44 PM
rgviewer
Rookie

I am thinking previous owner cut off the back brackets. I have not had a muffler since I bought the truck, but decided it was time to get her fixed up.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:57 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

That looks like an aftermarket hangar..... and rusted out at that. Might be able to pick up something similar at the parts store, or any muffler shop for that matter, and then put it where you need it.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:11 PM
rgviewer
Rookie

I got it rigged up temporary and will take it to a friend and see if he can weld up a bracket of some sort. Didn't see anything at the parts store that I thought would work, but least I have a muffler now.

Old 08-23-2014, 01:27 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by rgviewer
I got it rigged up temporary and will take it to a friend and see if he can weld up a bracket of some sort. Didn't see anything at the parts store that I thought would work, but least I have a muffler now.

Usually when they have two hangers on the pipe, the one that comes closet to the factory hanger is ment to be used and the other is cut off. this hagger here from summit should work for ya.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-36272/overview/

Old 08-25-2014, 08:23 PM
rgviewer
Rookie

Originally Posted by Old_School
Usually when they have two hangers on the pipe, the one that comes closet to the factory hanger is ment to be used and the other is cut off. this hagger here from summit should work for ya.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-36272/overview/
That's exactly what I am looking for, will order right away.

Thanks a million

Quick Reply: Where to mount rear tale pipe?