2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

97 ram new battery new starter wont start

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 11:52 AM
CoryVolkenant
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 ram new battery new starter wont start

A buddy of mine has a 1997 ram 5.2 4x4 he went out to the truck the other morning and it had full power but wouldn't crank over so he figured he had a dead battery put a new one in still same issue full power but would not crank so i helped him put in a new starter and a new relay still same issue turn the key has power everything works but wont crank over no clicking nothing so i put my battery in his truck same issue if i jump the starter it will crank over and run go it started that way any ideas ? new relay new starter and new battery also looks as if all grounds and all wires are good attached and not cut im at a loss, maybe ignition? neutral switch? and yes i tried it in neutral and still wont crank over. thx in advance for the help

Old 08-31-2014, 08:09 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Automatic or manual?

Does the starter relay click?

May be the park/neutral switch gave up the ghost (auto trans) or the clutch switch (manual trans).

Quick Reply: 97 ram new battery new starter wont start