2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Flash a new PCM

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 12:51 AM
eddiekimberly
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THAT'S what I was missing. The coolant temp sensor. It got replaced same time I did my plenum kit. Knew there was something. Fuel pressure it is. Thanks.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:55 PM
eddiekimberly
Professional

Hate to resurrect an old thread but I have just now had time to work on it. Still having trouble with the hard cranking. Got the problem with the battery losing connection fixed. Just sorry cable ends. Got new ones and it's golden. I checked the fuel pressure and it runs consistently at 50lbs. When I switch it off, it drops to 48lbs then after about 10 seconds it drops to 44lbs and stays there. Sounds like it is dropping pretty quickly to be a closed system. Am I just looking for a fuel leak? I pulled the injectors yesterday and none of them are leaking.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:36 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

That's probably just fine. Pressure will bleed off a bit. Probably going right back into the tank from the regulator.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:53 PM
eddiekimberly
Professional

Guess my next course of action will be a compression test. Running out of things to try.

Quick Reply: Flash a new PCM