2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Projector Lens cut-off's

Old 10-16-2014, 11:09 AM
spicy_puerto_rican
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Projector Lens cut-off's

For any projector headlights that are found online for the 2nd Gen Ram 1500, whether it be eBay or any other 3rd-party site, do any of the headlight projector lenses come with a cut-off kit installed inside the back inside part of the lens/housing or not?

I need clarity on this because I have been searching for an answer to no avail. All I find here in the forums are questions/answers to projector light installations for wiring issues, there's no definitive answer if they include the cut-off's. If the projector lenses do not include cut-off's, is the process to create one easy? Keep in mind that I live in a dorm room with no stove in my room on a military base so if part of the process of modding the projector housing is heating up the lens to remove the lens' front cover, that's not gonna happen. I currently have clear-faced, non-removable headlight front part of the lens, non-projector housings in my non-sport 1500 Ram. As far as the light bulbs themselves, I have 5000K HID's (2) 9004 Hi/Low bulbs and they work just fine. I'd just hate to buy some projectors and have the entire light shining on other drivers. Also if a mod is needed I'd like pics of how the cut-off looks after installation, all parts needed, the cost of all parts needed, and detailed instructions on how to mod a projector housing to accomodate cut-off's. I'd also like it to look clean like a factory-installed part, not some thrown together junk the guy down the street put together.

Thanks for any info that can be provided.

Last edited by spicy_puerto_rican; 10-16-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:09 PM
LegendKiller89
Captain

Projector headlights come with the cut off. I should know this is my second set lol.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:14 PM
spicy_puerto_rican

Ok, so where were yours purchased & for how much LegendKiller ??

Old 10-18-2014, 12:08 AM
beeker
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you for having the courtesy of checking that your headlights have the cutoffs and will not be blinding other drivers.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:00 PM
spicy_puerto_rican

Can I get more than one verification (more like 10+ verifies) that ALL aftermarket projector lenses/housings that were purchased from 3rd-party vendors such as Amazon & eBay DO have cut-offs built inside of them?

I emailed one seller on eBay my question of if the set comes with cut-offs and he said they did not. So who's right here??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Projector Lens cut-off's