2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Strange brake noise

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 04:53 PM
gerryb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange brake noise

Hi, not sure where to post this question. I had pretty much a complete brake job done on my 99 Ram dually, actually bought it last winter and asked some questions then. Lots of rust, etc, anyway I had the brake job because the lines rotted out and I had no brakes. So they did a lot more then just the lines but they are reputable and I think did a very good job. On the way home, not at first but when I came to a stop sign and applied the brakes a littler harder I heard a whoosh or whirr when the vehicle stopped and just as I let off the brake. (I think) Hard to describe, almost like something powering down, about 3 seconds. Got it to do it 4 or 5 more times and then no more? Today it;s fine. Any thoughts as to what it could have been? Thanks.

Old 12-13-2014, 05:23 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Do you have four wheel anti-lock brakes? Might have been the motor/controller cycling. (if you stepped on the pedal hard enough, or, traction was iffy....)

Cruise on down to the second gen ram section. Folks there are happy to help.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:28 AM
gerryb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Do you have four wheel anti-lock brakes? Might have been the motor/controller cycling. (if you stepped on the pedal hard enough, or, traction was iffy....)

Cruise on down to the second gen ram section. Folks there are happy to help.
Thank you, I think I just found the right section

Quick Reply: Strange brake noise