2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Coil spacers

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 06:50 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Lol I have had two sets of BDS 8" dsl coils in my shop and they never made it under the truck for one reason or the other. 11" I figured 10" good to know thanks.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:49 AM
dipsherry
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Lol I have had two sets of BDS 8" dsl coils in my shop and they never made it under the truck for one reason or the other. 11" I figured 10" good to know thanks.
yeah and out back was pricey i had to get 6" leafs cause thats the biggest they made and i did the DOR shackle flip it sat pretty nice. I did a body lift witch i hated with the winch bumper cause it always looked crooked

Old 12-17-2014, 09:57 AM
dipsherry
Record Breaker

double post sorry

Old 12-17-2014, 10:04 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by $A_Money$
Hey I have a 99 ram 318 5speed an I'm wanting to lift it with coil spring spacers and I've seen on eBay that they have 4 and 5 inch spacers. Anyone use them and can you give any advice about them? And what size blocks to use in the rear? My truck has the factory blocks which are what, 1 inch probably? I know I'll need bigger in the rear, just curious also.
Originally Posted by motorboatinjesus
Don't get 5" coil spacers. If you want that much lift gets coils
Originally Posted by $A_Money$
Yea it's my work truck....so I can just go with coil springs? Instead of spacers? Will coil springs be ok? An I've thought bout add a leaf but blocks in the rear are so much cheaper Haha

No one really knows what you'll be doing with this truck, although you say it's a "Work Truck", I'd be weary to do anything to one (assuming it's provided by your employer).

In any event, really unsure where you might have come across 4-5" SPACERS. Putting those in on top of stock coil springs you'd be into the big dumb mud truck category me thinks. You'd be driving on stilts really and the springs just might get shot out.

For you, like Merc mentioned, I'd recommend a proper lift kit. Study the ones out there with the common economy ones being Rough Country, Tuff Country, Skyjacker, and BDS. You just want to "lift it".

Old 12-17-2014, 12:27 PM
dipsherry
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
No one really knows what you'll be doing with this truck, although you say it's a "Work Truck", I'd be weary to do anything to one (assuming it's provided by your employer).

In any event, really unsure where you might have come across 4-5" SPACERS. Putting those in on top of stock coil springs you'd be into the big dumb mud truck category me thinks. You'd be driving on stilts really and the springs just might get shot out.

For you, like Merc mentioned, I'd recommend a proper lift kit. Study the ones out there with the common economy ones being Rough Country, Tuff Country, Skyjacker, and BDS. You just want to "lift it".

big dumb mud truck catagory....that offends me lol. But yeah i looked after he said sonething about 4" spacers and TGC makes a 6" spacer for our rams. I think thats just crazy.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:32 PM
merc225hp
Champion

Skyjacker BDS economy ??????? I don't think so have you seen their prices for kits????

Old 12-17-2014, 06:58 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dipsherry
big dumb mud truck catagory....that offends me lol. But yeah i looked after he said sonething about 4" spacers and TGC makes a 6" spacer for our rams. I think thats just crazy.
hahaha. It would have been more fitting for you to have said, "Hey, I resemble that remark!" I was just giving a visual, not to be negative. Besides, you can speak to actually being that setup....

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Skyjacker BDS economy ??????? I don't think so have you seen their prices for kits????
You read that correctly Merc old buddy. Fabtech is another one to put in there. Anything you have to buy in Canada is more expensive down here anyways. They are economy kits from my perspective. Just sharing my thoughts for the OP, same as yourself. It's the pocket book that rules.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:11 PM
merc225hp
Champion

hahaha. It would have been more fitting for you to have said, "Hey, I resemble that remark!" I was just giving a visual, not to be negative. Besides, you can speak to actually being that setup....

You read that correctly Merc old buddy. Fabtech is another one to put in there. Anything you have to buy in Canada is more expensive down here anyways. They are economy kits from my perspective. Just sharing my thoughts for the OP, same as yourself. It's the pocket book that rules.
I don't understand that at all?? Parts are more expensive up here. I have to ask whats a top grade kit then? Did you not kinda copy the Fabtech control arms and brackets for a time? can't be that bad if you did it.

Someone's **** don't stink

Last edited by merc225hp; 12-17-2014 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:36 PM
ryan0714
Record Breaker

im with knuckle, technically they would all be economical since your gettin a kit and not having to fab nothin up, most time you fab things up to have a overall end result of a stronger part that will last longer so that comes with a higher price on the parts most times.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:54 AM
merc225hp
Champion

^^^ Don't go there....... or pm me.

Last edited by merc225hp; 12-18-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Coil spacers