2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Looking for transcase 47RE

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 11:35 AM
groenberg
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Looking for transcase 47RE

Hello, i'm looking for a transcase/housing for my Dodge Ram 2500 -97 4x4 5,9 l diesel. 47RE. It seems impossible to find as mine is broken..

If you know anyone who might have or you have one yourself, please contact me!! My car has been standing without a gearbox for about 7 months now

Thanks!

Old 03-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Have you looked on craigs list or ebay?

Old 03-05-2015, 02:00 PM
groenberg
Rookie

Yes, i have found one on ebay, but he wanted 650$ without shipping included and he stopped answering me when i asked if he shipped to sweden. It was even used so that felt lika a robbery. Do you know which word is the correct one, and will get me the most result on for example ebay? Is it transfercase och what?

Thanks!!

Old 03-05-2015, 02:04 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

I think it is two separate words...... there are, however, variations on that theme..... Being in Sweden is going to make life far more interesting for you..... as I don't think the trucks are quite so numerous there.

For the money that guy is asking, I would be tempted to get a rebuilt unit from a reliable vendor...... something with a warranty. There are a few places that sell them, but, they ain't cheap.... and shipping isn't going to be fun either.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:14 PM
groenberg
Rookie

No, if there even exists 25 in sweden, of the same model as i have, i'll be impressed. No, shipping from USA to sweden is always really really expensive. But if i find a case with a resonable pricetag, i'll buy it in a second, because i really want to get my car running now.

I have found ALOT of casings for gas-driven cars, not diesel i.e.

In worst case, i'll have to buy a whole "new" gearbox, but then i have a broken gearbox without a case, and alot less money in my wallet...

Old 03-05-2015, 02:36 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

If the case blew apart, there is likely a good (bad?) reason for that.... replacing the whole thing, to get the truck back on the road, may be faster than getting just the case, and then finding you need some internal parts as well.... and given shipping prices, it might turn out to be cheaper to just get the whole thing.

Yeah, just the front case half looks to run right about 600 and some change..... new (rebuilt) cases run around 1100-1300..... but, they have a pretty hefty core charge as well..... (~600.00...) Plus return shipping for the core..... Ouchie.

No matter how ya look at it, it ain't gonna be a cheap endeavor.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:52 PM
groenberg
Rookie

I've had the "internal" parts repaired, the discs etc, but when he was about to put it into the case, he saw that the case had alot of cracks next to the bearing in the back. In sweden we call it the "freewheel", but that is probably not the word in english.

So, all i need is a case since the inside is repaired and fresh.

Old 03-05-2015, 04:09 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

A pic of the cracks might be helpful..... sometimes, what appear to be cracks, are just normal results of an aged aluminum casting.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:26 PM
VEETEN
Captain
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

There is a place that may have what you need. They changed the site a little since I was last there. They had piles of axles/parts/ whole trucks at one time. Im sure they have (or can get) a 47RE.
Just to help widen your search the 47RE was also on the V10.
http://www.mintonmotorsinc.com/
just email them or message them on facebook.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:38 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Are you looking for the transmission case, of the transfer case? (oh I be so confused.)

Quick Reply: Looking for transcase 47RE